Keeping The Faith In Arkansas Beef Prices During Tough Times
While reading recent news regarding beef prices and the cattle business, we came across the Cattlewomen’s June News that was refreshingly encouraging. Betty Garner, the Arkansas CattleWomen’s Association President, wrote about the amount of rain we have been receiving with some good news:
“This year has really been different. Never before do I remember this much rain, this much mud or this much dew. Everyone seems to be out of sorts, not quite on point or something like that. We need to remember that when we do not have the answer He does.
Have you noticed how some folks don’t pray until prayer is the only option that have left? The apostle Paul reminds us in Thessalonians 5:17, “pray continually.” We need to communicate and fellowship with God on a regular and continual basis.
I do not know who to give credit to for this group of tiny stories, but they definitely fit.
Six tiny stories with great meanings:
- Once all the villagers decided to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella. THAT’S FAITH.
- When you throw a baby in the air, she laughs because she knows you will catch her. THAT’S TRUST.
- Every night we go to bed, without any assurance of being alive the next morning but still we set the alarms to wake up. THAT’S HOPE.
- We plan for big things tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future. THAT’S CONFIDENCE.
- We see the world suffering, but still we get married and have children. THAT’S LOVE.
- On an old man’s shirt was written a sentence “I am not 90 years old…. I am sweet sixteen with 74 years’ experience.” THAT’S ATTITUDE.”
What a sweet reminder that when our circumstances are challenging and confusing, He is directing the way. Keep praying, keep praising, keep fighting, keep working, keep loving and living for Christ. Your labor is not in vain.